ADVERTISEMENT

Big10 Predictions/ Top 25 Predicitions

Well you picked the Illini to win TWO FREAKING GAMES, Chris.

Do you really want to know what I think about that? LOL.

The Illini are better than Rutgers and Purdue, no question. Presumably you base 2-7 on an 0-7 record in the rest of the league games?

The strength of our team in '16 is D Line, and when it comes to Minnesota, who has won through ball control recently, they visit our stadium. I am big believer that this game will be a win for the Illini. The Illini will shut down their running game.

Then there is Iowa at home, at Wisconsin and at Northwestern. I will be surprised if the Illini are 0-3 in among those three games. Iowa has lost some very good defenders from last season.

The remaining 3 games look like losses all the way to me. However, it wouldn't surprise me if the Michigan State game (HOME) is an exciting game.

As you can see I'm an Iowa fan and Illinois may beat us this year but I'd like to know what we lost on the defensive side? We lost one DE in Drew Ott who only played one game last year.

As you can see I'm an Iowa fan and Illinois may beat us this year but I'd like to know what we lost on the defensive side? We lost one DE in Drew Ott who only played one game last year.

From the talk radio in Cedar Rapids I have heard that depth at both DE and DT is lacking. If the Hawks get through the league schedule with no starts lost injury at those four spots, then fine. Might be more likely that a second-stringer will get more than one start in B1G play.

By contrast, the Illini are really deep for guys that can make plays at DE and seem to be deep enough this year at DT.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT