ADVERTISEMENT

A few notes from the Rivals camp in O'Fallon

bucshon

Publisher
Staff
Sep 16, 2006
I will have a front page notebook from the event and more interviews with the Illinois recruiting targets who were there. Just wanted to throw out a few notes here first.

* QB Coran Taylor had the best day throwing the football that I've seen from him. People have talked about his accuracy, but he made some really nice throws on Sunday. He has a big arm, throws the deep ball well. And the ball comes out of his hand with some zip on it. He will be outstanding at Illinois, IMHO. It's odd, to say the least, that Rivals didn't list him among the top offensive performers at the camp.

* The vibe that I got from QB Kaleb Eleby is that he's waiting on Illinois to pull the trigger and take him. I think they like some of the other QB's they have offered and are waiting on them, but Eleby likes Illinois a lot. He doesn't have Coran's arm strength, but he made all the throws on Sunday and moves very well.

* A couple of kids to watch over the course of the summer. WR Jayshon Jackson from Chicago Simeon and OL Jordyn Slaughter from Belleville (Ill.) Althoff. Jackson is committed to Toledo right now, but he looks like a Power 5 guy to me. Slaughter has added a bunch of muscle and weighed in at 305. He's camping at Illinois Jun 3 and has a chance to get an offer.

* With the St. Louis kids, Illinois is out for WR Kamryn Babb. Were probably never in it. DT's Michael Thompson and Ronnie Perkins still list Illinois. CB Dallas Craddieth is really physical, perfect for what Illinois wants in a CB and could also play safety. He was great in press coverage.

* He isn't naming leaders, but I get the feeling Florida State is out front for Houston Griffith. Others are Texas, Notre Dame, and Ohio State.

* Twin brothers Amir and Armon Brummet from Decatur McCarthur are excellent athletes, but I'm not sure what position they would play. They worked out at CB but looked a little out of place. Maybe WR or safety.

* The depth of talent at St. Louis Trinity Catholic is off the charts. Underclassmen who are P5 prospects include OT Ira Henry, RB Teriyon Cooper, WR Bryce Childress, WR Marcus Washinton, LB Shammond Cooper, RB Reggie Love, OL Jalen St. John, and QB/ATH Isaiah Williams.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News